Thursday, March 12, 2020

Filming Blog: Office

   Now that the peer review was over and I had filmed my first few scenes. On Saturday, my group-mate and I filmed the remainder of our final task. First, she came to my house because we needed to film some clips there. The first clip I filmed was a shot of her and her mother driving past the camera in a car. I made sure to stand in my driveway (on the other side of where she was driving) when I was filming. This was to ensure that everyone (including myself), was safe. Next, I filmed another scene from outside of the car of my group-mate and her mom. After that, i filmed a close-up shot of my group-mate's mother shifting the car. These shots did not take that many takes overall. The only difficult thing was having to wait for pedestrians and bicyclists on my street.
    After this, I drove to my parent's office to film the rest of the scenes. This location was used as the therapist's office. There were quite a few scenes that needed to be filmed here, so it took a bit longer than expected. The first scene I filmed was my group-mate and her mother talking to each other. I made sure to film this (and any other scenes where it wasn't necessary for the car to be in motion) while the car was parked. I then filmed a close up of my group-mate'd foot/shoe as she was getting out of the car. She then waked into the therapist's office, which was filmed as well. I then set the camera up and filmed some footage of my group-mate and I (I'm playing the therapist, she's playing the protagonist) sitting down and talking. I then had my father film a scene where he had to pan the camera, and then my group-mate filmed the scenes where I was tied up. These scenes took a bit longer to film because some of them required things like makeup to be done, but it was overall a good experience that went smoothly.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Practice Essay

Assess the importance of marketing in the media area you have studied.             Marketing in the area of film is extremely importa...