Monday, March 9, 2020

Editing blog: Beginning To Edit

    After the computer malfunction, there wasn't anything edited yet. This meant that the film would have to be edited on iMovie or another editing software at home. This was because my group needed to submit at least part of our film for the final task. Other groups had this issue as well, and I talked to others about what they did. One classmate said that she found editing on iMovie quicker and more convenient. She explained to me that it had only taken her one hour to edit the whole movie including titles. The only thing she hadn't added was the music. I knew that only part of the movie would be edited before the final task, so it may take even less time. Because of this helpful insight, I wasn't as upset about having to use a different editing program. I filmed the first few scenes with my partner, and now it was time to edit.
    My partner agreed to edit what we had filmed. I left the camera, tripod, and SD card at her house. The footage for the scenes we were editing had already been dumped onto the computers at school. I am very glad I suggested that she also put the footage on her google drive because Pinnacle studios didn't work. This way, she was able to access the footage from home to edit on iMovie as well. She also bought an SD card reader for at home but it didn't work. This was fine though because we already had the footage we were planning to edit available. She edited everything very nicely and added music. The only thing not added was music, but that was fine because my teacher said the final task didn't need to be complete for the peer review. Overall, editing went and has gone very well so far and I am excited to continue editing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Practice Essay

Assess the importance of marketing in the media area you have studied.             Marketing in the area of film is extremely importa...