Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Editing the Commercial

The class after we first filmed, we had time to finish up anything we needed to film. We also had to edit when we were done with that. My partner and I filmed our final scene of our commercial outside, then we came back into the classroom. I sat down at a computer and started to dump the footage I took that day. Once it was all done being dumped, I searched for the editing software. We use Pinnacle Studios, and I couldn’t find it on the computer. My teacher then announced that some computers don’t have the editing software on them. Hearing this, my partner and I decided to look for it. We logged into multiple computers to see if they had the editing software on them. We weren’t successful in finding one.

My teacher then made another announcement. She said that she had the disk with the editing software on it. She was installing the disk onto each computer and passing it around. Me and my partner did not get the disk first, so we were there waiting for it to come to us. This way, we could install the software on a computer when we got the chance. As we were waiting, we discussed the different sounds that would be used in our commercial. We looked up videos of the sounds and played them. This way, we could narrow it down and choose which specific sound(s) we were using. We decided on some specific nature sounds, and then discussed what we were going to say for the voiceover at the end of the commercial. We watched one of the few Zephyrhills commercials that exists to see what they say in that commercial.

After waiting for a little while, it was brought to our attention by our teacher that the software can’t be installed on the computers. The computers are from 2008, so I believe that had something to do with the problem. After hearing this, the class was in chaos. We only had a couple days to edit and now we couldn’t. Many students were fearful of failing or getting a bad grade because we couldn’t edit. My teacher cleared up the confusion and kindly explained to us that she wouldn’t fail us on something we physically couldn’t do. Everyone was relieved, and she told us to work in our other blog about what we did filming the commercial. I was able to finish that blog before class ended. My teacher said that she’s hoping that they replace the computers so we can edit. Starting very soon, we will begin editing on laptops with the program installed on it, instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Practice Essay

Assess the importance of marketing in the media area you have studied.             Marketing in the area of film is extremely importa...