Monday, November 25, 2019

Music Video Filming Blog

Over the weekend, I was able to film nearly all of my music video. A little before the sun set, I had my groupmate and another person come over to be in the video. First, the trampoline scene was filmed, which required me to jump on my trampoline. It required near ten takes to get right. We wanted to make sure that it looked nice and were experimenting with different angles and shots. Next, the sunset scene was filmed. This didn't take as many takes, but still took a few. Again, I had to experiment with the length my back was towards the camera before I turned around. After this, the camera was starting to die because it had not been charged beforehand, so everybody had to sit down for a little and wait for the camera to charge some. I actually enjoyed this because everyone got to take a little break and talk and relax.

After the camera was charged a bit, the scene of me arguing towards the camera (like a POV) was shot. Instead of my groupmember shooting this, someone I got to act in the video held the camera so it looked like it was from his point of view because he is very tall. I had to act angry which is fairly hard for me to do so that took a couple takes to figure out how long I should argue for and how long I should walk away for. Next, the camera was starting to die again so we had to plug it in and wait for a bit. After it was charged a little, we were able to film the two shot with me and the person I asked to act in our music video (not part of the group). In this scene, he was chasing after me and turned me around to face him. This scene took multiple takes as well because my groupmate had to make sure that both of us were able to be seen in the shot. We also had to figure out how he should turn me around without it looking unnatural. After this the camera was getting low once again so we had to go charge it. It was also beginning to rain, so we went where we were covered in my backyard by one of my backdoors.

After the camera was charged a little, we were able to film the sunflower scene. My groupmate had bought and brought over a bouquet of sunflowers for this scene. It was a close up of the sunflowers by my face and me moving them and smiling. This scene took aboput two takes to film. The reason was that I had to adjust the amount of time the sunflowers were in front of my face for. After this we had to charge the camera for a bit, then were able to film the last scene we shot that day. It was with fairy lights and the sunflowers, and me sitting down on a couch outside. Then our actor walked in with the bouquet of sunflowers and handed them to me, then sat down. This took two or three takes and was like the "happy ending" to the music video. Overall, filmimg was a very enjoyable experience and I can't wait to finish filming and then edit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Practice Essay

Assess the importance of marketing in the media area you have studied.             Marketing in the area of film is extremely importa...