Monday, December 2, 2019

Music Video Filming Blog Part 2

Over our thanksgiving break, my partner and I got to film the remainder of our music video. I went to my partner's house in the evening. When i got there, she had already kindly set up everything we needed. I brought with me my different costumes (clothes and shoes), SD card, and storyboards. I changed into a dress, and we started filming. The first scene we filmed was a scene of me eating a fancy dinner. This scene took about three takes to film. This is because we were experimenting and trying to make the scene look as natural as possible. We tried different lengths of time and movement because we didn't want it to look awkward. I ended up looking down at my plate until the camera panned towards me. I then looked up and smiled.

After we finished filming the first scene we needed, it was on to the second. I was still in the same costume for now, and we had to go outside. This was a scene of me opening the door to go into the dining room. In the music video, it will come before the actual dining scene. This scene took about five takes to get right. This was because I had to make it look like I was pulling the camera or person who's perspective it's from into the dining room. We also had to experiment with timing and movements to make it not look awkward. Just after we finished filming that scene, the camera died. We went inside to plug it in for a little while and once the camera turned on we had to check if that scene had saved. It did and we were relieved and able to move on.

We were now ready to film the final scene. Before this happened, there was some preparation that needed to be done. First, I had to change into another costume which consisted of sweatpants, a large t-shirt, and a messy bun. After this, we had to microwave the meal we were using and pour a glass of water to put on the table. We were now ready to film and were able to plug the camera in while filming. My partner had to sit on the couch because it was a POV. In this scene, I had to turn on the TV and start to eat the microwaveable meal. This scene took three tries to get how we wanted it. This was simply because of accidents occurring while filming. In one take I dropped the napkin and a noodle fell off of the fork as I was trying to eat the food. Overall, the filming process went very well and took about an hour for these three scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Practice Essay

Assess the importance of marketing in the media area you have studied.             Marketing in the area of film is extremely importa...