Thursday, November 7, 2019

Editing Part 2

After not being able to edit for about a week, our teacher told us that there were now laptops that had our editing program on them. The only thing was that only certain laptops had the programs on them. That was fine because this was a group project and only one computer was needed per group. I grabbed and signed out a laptop number that had the program on it. I started up the laptop and then logged in. Before I started editing, I had to get my footage. I went into google drive and selected the folder. I then downloaded it and moved it to the desktop. I then clicked on Pinnacle studios. I was intrigued to use the editing software.

My partner and I were waiting quite a while for Pinnacle to open. The little square of it starting was on our computer for around 10 minutes and we didn't touch it because we were just waiting for it to load. We then moved/clicked the mouse anywhere on the screen and the computer came up with an error message. It said that Pinnacle was not responding and gave us the option to report the problem or close the program. We closed the program and restarted the computer. I logged in and tried to open it again but it still didn't work. I asked my teacher and she took the computer and restarted it again. I logged in, and we tried opening the program for about the 5th time. It wasn't any different this time so it didn't open. There was nothing our teacher could do about it and there were no more laptops that had the program on it, so we couldn't edit at all that class.

Fast forward to the class after that (last class). My teacher told the class that all the laptops in the cart were now woking and had the program on them. I took a different number that wasn't used by anyone just to be safe. I had my folder on my desktop so I was all ready to go. I clicked on Pinnacle studios to open it. Thankfully it worked this time and I imported all the clips off my desktop into the program. i placed them in order and began to edit. To get the commercial to the desired length, I cut clips. After that, my partner and I looked at the transitions and cuts that could be added in between scenes. We then worked on some sound so we aren't completely finished but we will finish editing next class.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Practice Essay

Assess the importance of marketing in the media area you have studied.             Marketing in the area of film is extremely importa...