Friday, March 20, 2020

Editing Blog: No Editing

Since there is a global pandemic going on, schools are closed as well as a lot of businesses. The virus started in China and has spread to the United States and where I live. Because of this, I was not able to edit the rest of my final task. I have about half of the final task edited minus the titles so far. It's about 1 minute long so I need about another minute. We are basically advised not to leave our house and to practice "Social Distancing". This means staying about 6 feet away from strangers or just people who aren't in your household in general. I haven't been able to meet with my group-mate partially because of this. The good thing is that we have already dumped all the footage that we need. Worst case scenario, we can just have one of us edit the remainder of the final task because we still have over a couple weeks before that is due. One of us will probably have to continue editing the final task on iMovie. We could also possibly meet up as long as neither one of us or our family members are showing symptoms. This is still risky though because some people don't show symptoms at all or for a few days to a couple of weeks. Either one of us can edit the remainder of the final task individually if necessary because we both have MacBooks at home which have and run iMovie. Another solution would be to video call/facetime each other while we edit it. I am currently on vacation at a location where there are no cases of Coronavirus. I come home Monday back to my county, which has the most cases in my state. I am scheduled to come back to school on March 30th. It is unbelievable that this is happening right now. I just hope that everyone and myself stays safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Practice Essay

Assess the importance of marketing in the media area you have studied.             Marketing in the area of film is extremely importa...