Monday, February 24, 2020

Filming Blog: Group Member's House

This weekend, I filmed some scenes at a group member's house. Before going over there, I made sure to charge the camera that I had checked out. I then drove over there at around 6:00 PM. When I got there, the filming process begun. I filmed scene 2 first, beginning with the shot from inside the backpack. This took quite a bit of takes because it was hard to get the camera to sit upright in the backpack and not tip over. One that was finished, I filmed the scene where Olivia is packing her bag. This took a couple of tries at the most because it was a simple shot. Next, the close up of Olivia shouting "Coming!" was filmed. This took two tries as well to get the lighting to the way I wanted it. Then,  filmed a part of scene 3, which took two tries and was a closeup of Olivia's bag's zipper. Next, the group member's father arrived, so I was able to shoot the scenes with him. This included the remainder of scene 2 and scene 1 as well as 3. Out of all the scenes with the dad, the one of him opening the door took the most takes. This is because he forgot to close the door after exiting or he walked away too fast. This is understandable and part of the filming process, so it ended up coming out nice after multiple takes. For everything shot outside, my group mate and I had to wait till it was dark outside. This way, we were able to film the scenes inside of Olivia packing her bag inside first. Something that was challenging was matching the distance away from the house in scenes like the establishing shot, and some scenes with the dad. Overall, this filming session went very well and I am excited to continue filming.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Practice Essay

Assess the importance of marketing in the media area you have studied.             Marketing in the area of film is extremely importa...