Thursday, February 27, 2020

Editing Blog: Malfunctions

Last class and today, my partner and I were able to begin editing. Now that I had filmed some, I was able to dump the footage onto a laptop in class. Once this was done, to be safe, I had my partner upload the footage onto Google Drive as well. This was in case the laptop crasher/didn't work or that next time, a different one was used. After this, Pinnacle Studios was clicked on to be opened. Sometimes, it takes a short while to fully load and open, so I was waiting. Then after a little while, an error message popped up on the screen. It read "Pinnacle Studios is not responding...". This has happened to me before when I was editing my music video, so I knew to try and restart the computer. I did that, sitting in anticipation and hoping that it would fix the issue. Unfortunately, it did not. After this, I got a new computer and attempted to open Pinnacle Studios on there. It still did not work, so I tried restarting this computer. This didn't work, and there weren't any computers left to try, so no editing was accomplished that class period. The next class period, I got a different computer than the other two I tried to use last time. I had my partner log in, and attempt to open Pinnacle Studios. It still didn't work, so I tried restarting the computer. That didn't work either so I got up and got another one. Pinnacle Studios didn't work on that laptop either, and a restart didn't help. No editing was done that class period. This was a bit frustrating, and I will now have to edit my footage on iMovie at home to have something done in time for the Peer Review.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Practice Essay

Assess the importance of marketing in the media area you have studied.             Marketing in the area of film is extremely importa...