Friday, January 17, 2020

Start of Final Task Blog

Hi, my name is Julia. I am taking AICE Media Studies this year. I am a high school student attempting to complete my AICE degree and get the credits this year. We have to make a 2 minute movie clip for our final task. We're allowed to work in groups of up to four. I am working in a group of two. This includes myself and another girl. We worked on all the other group projects together. I think we work well together. I am excited to be able to be creative with this project.

Throughout this year, I've learned many things in this class. I've learned how to edit on Pinnacle Studios. This will be very helpful because we have to edit this movie clip. I've also learned how to film with a filmmaking camera and technical things such angles and shots. This will help with the filming process. We will be able to easily and smoothly film, hopefully making our movie look fairly professional and good. I have also learned about C.L.A.M.P.S. This stands for costumes, lighting, acting, makeup, props, and setting. This will help us to make the clip more technical and appealing. Overall, I am excited to use these techniques and more during the production process.

A pitch is a Hollywood term used to describe an idea for a film in 25 words or less (usually one sentence). To start off, we had to create at least 3 pitches that we would possibly use. Our first pitch was, "A girl's father goes missing, and as she's trying to find him, strange things start happening in her small town." For the second one, "A girl goes to meet her online friend, but it turns out her friend isn't who they seem." For the third and final one, "In a world where genetically modifying humans has emerged, a girl tries to survive in a world where she is not viewed as normal." I think all of these pitches are solid ideas, and I am excited to choose one and start working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Practice Essay

Assess the importance of marketing in the media area you have studied.             Marketing in the area of film is extremely importa...