Sunday, January 26, 2020

Genre Research Powerpoint


This project was a PowerPoint about a certain genre. We picked out of a hat for what genre we were to do the project on. We had to research common lighting, camera angles and movement, mis-en-scene, elements, example films, sounds, and likes and dislikes about the genre. I worked with one other person and we randomly selected horror. We had to research all of these things on the internet. I learned a lot about the genre from this project. I learned that horror movies use distortion and silhouettes through lighting to create suspense. The things my partner and I enjoyed about this genre are the creative plot and characters, how immersive the genre is, and the suspense that is created. The things my partner and I disliked were how the audience can be scared after the movie, the jump scares, and the unnecessary violence that occurs at times. Overall, I enjoyed this project and think it will help me, especially with the final task.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Practice Essay

Assess the importance of marketing in the media area you have studied.             Marketing in the area of film is extremely importa...